Of Morgan Palmas
The word for "born in eighteen Lola" by Carl Maria Russo vindictive.
Pages 370, Piemme.
I'm blaming the first signs of letting up. Alas us. Carla Maria Russo's novel I've read it breaking it in two days, I knew it would Unable to read 370 pages, considering that the life also requires other matters, besides reading, as you know that my main job is this for a couple of weeks.
Two days have allowed me to savor it more calmly, if I may say so.
The beginning is abruptly fulminating: "But I wanted to Mara, dribble for Mara. She now is free to comfort themselves. " A flashback takes us deep in the bombing in Milan in 1942, when she is a lover of danger, decided not to listen to the advice of his roommate, let alone those of the mother that would placed with Manlio Melli, a dude of good family.
The daily reality of war binds the arms and minds of the people when, for example, on Monday, you put in line to find the meat.
reading the first chapters immediately reveals a complex structure based on different narrators that integrate all the time.
Mario can and should be a carefree distraction, social conditions different pose immense difficulties, his mother knows this and now wants a precise path, but her daughter already aims to other shores, "Mom, I'm pregnant." Here's the plan fatal, Gianluigi visit by General Pepe, representative of Mussolini in Milan. The story between Mario and Mara is complicated because her mother has a heart the family's reputation, not just a worker, can not be accepted for any reason. Then relegated to the outskirts of Milan until the end of pregnancy, far from prying eyes. If not returning Melli and unfortunately it gets serious, more dangerous.
addition, San Vittore is a natural destination for an awkward person, Mario knows it, knows very well who is the general. The lights are necessary, there are those who want to go further, to understand how things really are.
The fruit of love child between Mario and Mara? Destiny is already written and the pact with General was very clear. Unfortunately, the situation degenerates, Mara cries out for vengeance and all the hopes are not lost, maybe you can save, you must save.
Lola is her name, will see only after many years in prison.
"Lola my dear, I know you did not grasp the meaning of that comment. I'll explain in this letter will be delivered at the right time .... "
A novel, to Carla Maria Russo, read by getting involved in history and humanity of the characters, humanity in the literal sense: the most distinctive characters of people, gracefully sketched by the author. If you think you give a book for the holiday season, do not delay, "Lola born eighteen years "without a doubt will involve your recipient. I had never read anything by Carl Maria Russo, convinced me to know further.
0 comments:
Post a Comment