Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wedding Centerpiece Vases

"I, luckily I've got the Camorra" Sergio Nazzaro

Of Morgan Palmas

The word for "I, fortunately I've got the Camorra" Sergio Nazzaro: disturbing.
Pages 216, Fazi

Nazzaro I reread the book after two years from the first time I had left images and arguments that had sedimented with too much time in the acceptance. I do not know if you have these moments where there is a desire to be angry, to put in motion negative emotions, perhaps because it is going through a phase in which resignation or because they fear confrontation with oneself. I saw the child on the cover, the broken glass and said to myself: this is the right book.
I was lucky enough to listen even when I lived in Rome Nazzaro, a lively person, cleverly ironic. On the cover there are some words of Roberto Saviano: "You one that I trust and we saw someone with only those who risk all know what this damn job and this cursed earth. "

We used to listen to the story of the Camorra on television or reading newspapers, sources that narrate the dramatic events of the conflict between rival gangs or dead, which means an attempt to leave a clear message to someone. For those who do not live in areas where the mafia is not only present but also with trafficking with an undeniable presence in the territories, it is difficult to fully understand the dynamics, rituals, fears and suffering. Nazzaro narrates a day in the land of the Camorra, in which every now means a set of specific facts, at a distance often only a few kilometers. If you do not pay do not you leave work, and he who dies for a few euro, despite the community knows him as a good person, friends and silences that are fundamental to live quiet, low manpower system with speed guns that the issues that are obstacles; pollutants that thousands of people ill with cancer, the omerta code of silence that is generated as a dead end, and the ubiquity of the Camorra, the local presence through the use of the eyes of a huge range of people.
The stories told by Nazzaro lead to a certainty: the criminal organizations have no reason to get in conflict with the state, it can sometimes be a defense, sometimes half, sometimes a false illusion for many. The crux is that the system is so long since proven that no one - worth the blood - you can counter it in some areas, precisely because not all territories are equal. Some are independent in thought, there are those who accept a dangerous challenge, but the glass ceiling is still going strong, prepared, willing to do anything to not lose control. But the Camorra is not only territory, the economy beyond the limits of that land, affecting even far away from Naples or Caserta.

I am a person of northern Italy, not alive and I've never lived on the skin similar problems, I believe that we must understand at least groped to know the stories of those who know, and Nazzaro's book, written with a period involving, it is a cruel testimony that could help anyone, perhaps even those who already know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment