Sunday, March 28, 2010

British Groping Vidioes

"Life meant"

Of Morgan Palmas

The word for "life thinking" by Robert Nozick: deep.
Pages 316, BUR [Translated by Giulia Boringhieri].

The contradiction that I have lived between yesterday and today was re-read the essay on Nozick's words literally flying, feeding in a hurry, could not be 316 pages with different reflections. An experiment. The astonishing fact is that I tried to capture the essence without meditation, without thought of consequences to follow, a reading that might seem superficial but that was enlightening: He had not read Nozick, the charm of some of his ideas to me hit, boom, I said. I did not want and could not be exhaustive, but focus on instinct ability to absorb concepts with coarseness. Young people would say, "What trip." And it was really a trip.
Years ago, like many others, I did argue in my head with John Rawls, a comparison of "Anarchy, State and Utopia" and "A Theory of Justice "was one of the challenges that the more I have squeezed your brains, you're among the hills and sometimes dell'iperuranio crushed to the ground with the devastating reality of the events of the globe. The coincidence is that disarming year I tried to addentrami in the territories of both philosophical and one died before then, months later, another. I can not say that was a blow to me, yet I was so attached to their theories, the antipodes often, that I was deeply impressed.
Nozick was a liberal and libertarian "thought life" recanted some of his theories, becoming almost intimate, indulging in personal memories. Life philosophy. It was not a pure political philosopher, his interests ranged in different sectors, funny to read what the role of parents or meditate on the meaning of faith, the nature of love or on the ability to concentrate. It is not a simple book, moreover, as Nozick's no text, you can proceed in the first part with ease, but it gets harder in the second part of the essay, in particular from Chapter XVII: "The matrix of reality."

"To see that there are more important things of pleasure or happiness we can also consider a life that has these two things but for the the rest is empty, only a life of foolish pleasure, satisfaction, beef, frivolous entertainment, a happy life but superficial. - It's better - John Stuart Mill wrote, - be a man unhappy that a fool satisfied -. And although the best would probably be satisfied with a Socrates, happiness is to have the depth to get the second we would be willing to give up a bit 'of the first. "

If you think that death or sexuality, the emotions and the wisdom, political or theological issues are serious and not very interesting for you, not to touch "life thinking" Nozick, will not understand a damn and it is likely that boredom will pervade, if, on the contrary, I like questions about life in the round, please be aware that Nozick is ready to challenge you, leave it to pieces is the least that can happen to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment