Of Morgan Palmas
The adjective for "Neither here nor elsewhere" Gianrico Carofiglio: hooked.
Pages 160, Laterza.
There has never happened to meet an old friend after many years? Perhaps with a courteous detachment: 'Hello', 'hello', and so, he on the one hand, and you another. Where to live is over, you wonder. And in no particular order other questions: married, children, work, happy or not.
Three old friends, in a case of fate, meet, two decades later. A Bari excuse is a dinner, Paul came back, you can not miss such an occasion. You find yourself in a car with two of them, you're not happy, but there you are, you are screwed. We are friends but not we are friends. Go to dinner and talking about the memories are tied to other memories, more intimate. Things you thought for years. The Free Library where he read, the university, dreams and illusions.
Paul lives in Chicago, who has not had to leave the party, who had to stay can be found across the ocean. The feelings I have are confused, confused because even though I had read an article on attention and awareness, I have the feeling of being one who lives without realizing it. What was
Bari at the end of the 70s, we wonder, cinemas, clubs, neighborhoods and Bianca, her boobs still remember me. AIDS! What a story. Memories are a river in flood, the city becomes a more vibrant city, where space is structured, not only for the navigator. And if those who forget the sgagliozze Paul ... and still with that little bottle of brandy. And now that I do remember, Randy I had changed my life that day on Corso Cavour. How to tell my? Mom told me the story of Santa Claus and Saint Nicholas. We pass Orazio Flacco in high school and head to the Fiera del Levante. The colors are very proud of Bari night, the sky mavi as ever I saw in other places. The dazzling sea on certain days, like the shops of Via Putignani, a frontier line in the center of the city. You
you mad at mom because we had to attend only certain beaches, while he fucked viral hepatitis that could get caught. The law of the hard or recklessly. As the bastard of the gym, he? Uhm. I wonder if it still tells the story of the girl in the Bari Nord exit, one that is accompanied by the unknown, taking a comb of bone in his hand.
And away by car, scoured! Giampiero says: "In the shit up to your neck if you do not run away," but you see, I had to sit at home comfortable, and instead the blood to escape. "As we came out great". I hate the term "great", I think. "Why the hell not react?" He says. Well, then empty the bag. The conscience cries his rights after years.
the 3:45 am, Piazza Moro. Giampiero greets us. "Want to take a walk?" I nodded. Daria, I knew, could not be otherwise, Daria ... and Claire. At one time not lived, could be real time. Sometimes it is just stupid.
With the cake in my hand I think maybe I did not want to see you, maybe.
"Neither here nor elsewhere" Carofiglio is the story of three old friends who meet in Bari, a city that in some ways the city can be for all of us, just find out how.
0 comments:
Post a Comment