Saturday, March 27, 2010

Leather Bracelets Engraved At Disneyland

Nozick's "Evil Thoughts" Scapin

Of Morgan Palmas

The word for "bad thoughts" Virgilio Scapin: nostalgic.
Pages 169, Blacks Pozza Editore.

I decided on Saturday and Sunday to do something different, read the books I've read and which I think are essential, also face non-fiction texts or in English.

Today I propose "Evil Thoughts" by Virgilio Scapin, an author who had no great national fortune, died a few years ago, was a well-known book in my province here in Vicenza. His library, close to Piazza dei Signori, was with him for decades, a meeting point for many fans of literature. I remember the days of high school, when the Friday or Saturday afternoon I escaped not uncommon in the city, away from my village in the hills, and enter into his library, I like to listen while I pretended to read a book, although he spoke with other , with its friendly irony.
"Evil Thoughts" is a collection of stories that begins:

"The poor writer
There once was a poor writer who was reduced in this miserable state because he would not follow the call of the market. The editors asked him books of war and he was determined to bring peace textures, players threw themselves headlong into the sull'aldiquà books and he wrote stories of the afterlife. "

A selection of texts that narrate his youth training, life in the city and some people that have been animated, as stated in the note to the editor of the book.
There were gangs of kids who had a name depending on the neighborhood where they lived, the sling could not always be the object was a vital defense, lucky people who lived in the suburbs. There was a reason.
There was a ceremony to be observed and the Vice-fascist check that everything was done in the most perfect conceivable, you could not allow burr shape and the medals were an added value, whose meaning was not only symbolic.
What was the Christmas many years ago? The poor were followed, no one is fasting. Bertino dreamed the fat lady, having a range in March, the circus and gave him an unexpected joy.
Potatoes tan no longer exist, yet were the basis for a tasty soup that Isolina prepared with love, a country tradition that so many have forgotten.
Tales of Scapin fragments are dotted with great skill, a skill that only a Vicenza could develop, knowing the corners of the city and the local mentality. In its pages the jump is imperious, a world that no longer exists, so the word could not be nostalgic. There are pages
politely ironic as he was in reality, as the story "of the turkey and Montale Pozza Blacks." In another story we talk about John Comisso, finding an event, perhaps unknown to many. But it also speaks to Parise, who also Vicenza, and the story of the architect, known to aficionados Sillabari. Today would be unbelievable to many of the custom chicken wings for girls ugly, truth or myth?

I can not speak objectively of Scapin, forgive me. I trained well on its pages when I was young, I risk a ridiculous adulation.
If you want to know a slice of life of a province in the Veneto region were formed before all the contemporary political and economic superstructure, well, you do not have to read that "bad thoughts".

0 comments:

Post a Comment